CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Follow your heart or your brain?

Have you heard the Malay saying “Ikut hati, mati”?


Well, if you ARE from Malaysia, of course you heard it before, if you haven’t, I don’t know what is wrong with you.

“Ikut hati, mati”... direct translation, if you follow your heart you’ll die! I know it is not fair to say so because sometimes in LOVE especially, people prefer to follow their hearts, as love do come from one’s heart eh.


Well, in a way, I do agree with this saying most of the time, because it also means, ‘If you think emotionally it’ll bring you no benefits’.... don’t you think so?
Hearts and emotions do connect and goes well together, don't they?


Situation 1:

I love you so much and I will never leave you till the day I die. Then after a couple of months, or years, they broke off. Feeling so sad being left alone after giving all of your heart, body and soul to that particular person. Then anger plays a role. Wanting that person to feel how you feel when you’re being left behind. When emotion takes place, [I’m referring to women especially], all the yelling comes in, cursing in worst cases, crying, over-eating, emotional breakdown to make it easier. Yeah, sometimes, we, women, do feel sad and lonely and angry when these things happen, but why do we need to drag it? You know what I mean. Let bygone be bygone. Things happen for a reason. Duhh~ What about the case that teenage girls goes to Lombok and get married there with her so called love one?! The news, people, covers the story up saying “kena bomoh ni..”. Yeah, maybe, or is it because of they follow their heart? I don’t know. You do the math.


Situation 2:


When people pick a fight. May be physically or maybe not. Let’s choose the one that is close to me, well, I’m still a student. Your partner or one of your group member didn’t do the work that they were suppose to do, you as a leader must make sure that your project is perfect condition when you pass it up. What do you do? Yell to that person and let he/she do it all by him/herself? Or just put it behind you and try to help him/her out with the limited tie left and confront him/her later after the project is done? Emotionally, you’ll end up yelling and let him/her do the work as you did your part. Then the project wouldn’t be in a perfect condition, and you won’t get the perfect marks. Plus, for you to decide doing that to her/him, you don’t even know the reason why he/she did what he/she did, right? It’s no harm to put your anger away, and to think rationally. Which bring you more benefit? Yeah, think about it.

I got lots of other situation, but I just don’t feel like typing them all up because my personnel experience will take place and I’ll end up being emotional in typing my entry for today. So, better off I end my entry here.

You decide on your own which is the best, to think rationally or emotionally. Yeah sometimes we do need to follow our hearts, but what is the use of our brain [akal] if we don’t want to use it. 

I’ve once..... okay, a couple of times, followed my heart, and yes, it was good and fun, plus I was happy at first, but then it became a disaster and I wish I hadn’t done it. 

See, my own experience taught me not to follow my heart alone, follow your brain instead, and put some heart maybe, just a little bit, not too much eh, then maybe, just maybe, it’ll end up good. Who knows. J




-out-

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Click To feed Me. =)