CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

First Paper = SLA!

I woke up at 6.30am, due to not being able to sleep last night.

Prayed, showered, had my breakfast [I know I can’t have breakfast so early in the morning, but since I didn’t had dinner last night, so I was hungry], then I sat down, looking at my notes.

The last time I did this was last semester if I was not mistaken, and for one paper only, and it was CALL. Usually I can’t focus so much if I’m half asleep. [of course!]

But since I felt like I don’t have enough input to throw it all up on the paper during exam later on, I was motivated to read some more while stuffing my face with bread.


Eating bread with ‘kaya’ brings my memory back to childhood!


Alhamdulillah, I was ready for the exam. Thanks to Effadila Su’aif, who had explained to me about the theory thoroughly. I’m so glad that I decided to go out at night to her house and ask her to explain it to me, if not I wouldn’t be prepared. 

Oh Effa!!! Thank You So Much Dear!

Chewy and Elly helped too. They gave extra explanation on certain things that I don’t understand. 

Oh how lucky I am to have such great friends all around me~

So, by 8am, all six of us ride on Effa’s ‘cekodok’ to Proton City, because the exam is being held there. Unfortunate for Effa, she was having stomach ache. All five of us were placed in PC 8 while Nina in PC14 because she is in group B, we’re in group A.

What makes our examination hall interesting was that the ‘pengawas peperiksaan’ [examiner??] was so funny! He was talking while we were filling up the forms [plus our ‘nama kursus’ is the longest one that I have ever known, for us to write it down is already tiring..] that he exceeded 5 minutes from the actual time that the exam suppose to begin.

So what he did was, he took the clock, and changed the hime back to 9am! Hahaha!! 

All of us were laughing. How can he possibly do that? It’s wrong, but it’s funny. Plus we do need solid 2 hours to answer the questions.

Yes, we only need to answer 2 questions but one question took me an hour to answer! Why? Well, the content of course. I wrote like 5 pages! If it was typing, then it won’t be tiring and consume so much time, but we have to write it down! That’s what makes essay type examination tiring.

The education system should consider typing rather than writing for examination, because we just need to submit the answer to the lecturer via email or any special system between the lecturer/teacher and students. No need to cut down more trees in order to have sheets of papers to print out the questions and provide answering papers or booklets, don’t you think so?

SAVE THE ENVIRONMENT!


Alhamdulillah, all went well for Second Language Acquisition paper. 

This part of my duty is done! YES!

Next paper, tomorrow is Phonetics and Phonology. The one that most of us are not satisfied with our carry marks. Haih~

Can we score in this final exam for this paper? I don’t even know, but Insya-Allah we will.


“Ya Allah, kurniakanlah kami daya ingatan yang kuat dan daya pemahaman yang tinggi, hanya kepada-Mu kami bermohon. Engkaulah Tuhan yang Maha Mendengar lagi Maha Mengasihani~”


-out-

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Click To feed Me. =)