CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Library, is it suppose to be noisy??

I had to type this out and share it here in my blog.

I was in a library, of course here in UPSI when I was typing this down. I was here from 12pm doing my work and yes, I was not the only one here in the library.. (duhh...)

First of all, let’s take a look at the definition of library.

www.thefreedictionary.com/library:
A place in which literary and artistic materials, such as books, periodicals, newspapers, pamphlets, prints, records, and tapes, are kept for reading, reference, or lending.

While my definition of library is the place where you can read books and do your work or even sleep due to its quiet and cosy surroundings. But what happened today was, on the third floor, where I was sitting by myself at the study table and there were several other tables behind me, there were a few students who sat there and started to talk....... or discuss....

It’s not that I don’t mind, I just don’t CARE at all what you want to do in the library, but please respect others around you trying to do work!

If you want to discuss or having conversation with your friends, like your parents bought this whole library, please go somewhere else where making noise is not a disturbance for no one. It was SO ANNOYING having people like that when you’re trying to focus  and do work. Yes the library is a public place, anyone can come in and out, but do you need to talk that loud or be that ignorant. 
YES, THAT’S THE WORD, IGNORANT!

Whenever you want to do something, please think what if you are in their shoes. What if I go to the library, with several of my friends, having discussion with them and talk like the whole damn floor in the library is OURS? Won’t you be so pissed off and annoyed? It’s so simple, respect other people and people will respect you in return. That’s all. It’s not hard at all. All I can say it that “dorang nih takde adab btol!”

It may sound harsh, but hey, come on, we're Malaysian right, we are popular of our “adab sopan dan santun, saling hormat-menghormati”, so why don’t you show it then.

I’m just REALLY PISSED OFF right now. Just remember, unless your parents owns the library, please respect others and try to not be as annoying as possible ( referring to loud discussion and conversation)


SOFIE ACTUALLY WENT UP TO THE 4TH FLOOR DUE TO NOT BEING ABLE TO BE PATIENCE TO THE NOISE BEING MADE BY THE PEOPLE ON THE 3RD FLOOR.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

excellent points and the details are more specific than somewhere else, thanks.

- Murk

Shafiah Sulaiman said...

hye murk, thanks for the response..

Post a Comment

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Click To feed Me. =)